Rentals are subject to the following fees and taxes. Automatically calculated with online booking.
A week stay = 7 days
* Please add an additional $10 extra per person per night for groups over four.
* There is an extra $15 per person fee if the over 4 is charged after your arrival due to unreported guests.
* Max occupancy is 6 guests
* Add 11.75% state & local tax.
* There is a 2 night minimum unless special arrangements are made.
* Call or email for monthly rates.
CHECK-IN after 3:00 P.M., CHECK-OUT by 11:00 A.M.
Down payments are $50 per night or 25% of your total balance at our discretion and must be paid when you make your reservation which will reserve your requested stay and confirm agreement to our cancellation policy and booking agreement. Payment in full is due 30 days prior to check in and will be billed automatically to your credit card unless other arrangements are made.
Cancellations more than 30 days in advance will receive a refund minus a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations less than or equal to 30 days do not receive a refund. Cancellations must be in writing or by email. Refunds will not be given for weather-related reasons (bad weather, power outages, etc.). Trip insurance is available from other sources. Some online sources include http://www.travelguard.com
Smoking permitted outside only; $100 fee for damages if not complied with.
General Cabin Rules and Information
1. Maintenance issues: We are not responsible for unforeseen appliance and maintenance problems. Notify us as soon as possible and the item will be repaired or replaced as quickly as possible.
2. Disturbance: Occupancy and use of the cabin and amenities shall not be in a manner that disrupts residents or other guests. Disruptive guests may be asked to vacate and all monies will be forfeited. No house parties allowed.
4. Parking: Park only on the paved areas. If additional parking is needed, ask us where parking in the yard is allowed.
5. Charcoal grill: Grilling is allowed on the open (no roof) decks only. Make sure the grill is not under the eave (roof) line before igniting.
6. We hope and expect to be able to provide you with all the services that we have confirmed with you at the time of your booking. However, on occasions changes may have to be made and we reserve the right to make those changes. In such cases we will provide alternative accommodation of at least the same standard in the same area.
Bedding, kitchen ware, towels, washcloths, toilet paper, and basic items for the charcoal grill (spatula, grill brush) are provided.
Don't forget to bring any personal items like shampoo and toothpaste.
Cottages with a hot tub have a binder or folder with hot tub usage agreements located in the cottage. The agreement must be agreed to and signed before using the hot tub.
As with hiking, 'Leave no trace' Please leave the cabin like you found it.
1. Wash, dry, and put away dishes
2. Make beds with clean sheets provided. If using the sofa sleeper, remove the bed linens and pillows before closing the bed.
3. Please pile the used bed linens and towels, etc. (not blankets, bedspreads, or mattress covers - leave on the bed) in the laundry area.
4. Pick up and bag all garbage in plastic trash bags and place in outside trash cans.
5. Replace plastic trash bags (provided) in interior trash cans.
6. Make sure all furniture is replaced in its original position.
* There is a reduced cleaning fee of $50 if you do all of the above. If you don't want to do any cleaning, a $100 cleaning fee will be charged to your credit card instead. Please notify management if this is your intention prior to departure.
Pets are not allowed at this cottage.
Security Deposit / Online Check-in
Bookings made on websites other than Bear8.com that don't collect a refundable security deposit as part of booking or not made with a credit card expiring after the checkout date will have the option of a $250 refundable deposit or putting their credit card on file in case of damages and incidentals.
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL.
This agreement, entered into this____ day of _______, 20__ by and between ________________________________ (Lessee) and John Day (Lessor).
WITNESSETH: That for and in consideration of the payment of the rents and the performance of the covenants contained on the part of the Lessee, said Lessor does hereby demise and let unto the Lessee, and Lessee hires from Lessor for use as a residence those certain premises _______________ located at _____________________________ for a tenancy from day-to-day or week-to-week commencing on the _____ day of ____________, 20__ at a quoted rate. It is further mutually agreed between the parties as follows: Lessee shall not violate any city ordinance or state law in or about the premises. Lessee shall not sub-let the premises, or any part thereof, or assign this agreement without the written consent of the Lessor. Lessee, in case of fire or theft, shall give immediate notice thereof to the Lessor or agent of same. Lessee must not make any alterations or improvements to said premises without written consent of Lessor. If legal action takes place or must be instituted by Lessor, Lessee agrees to pay all costs, expenses, and to pay all attorney's fees, as the court may affix. A down payment arranged at the time of booking is required in advance to reserve the property. Cancellations must be received in writing or by email over 30 days from the original check in date to receive a refund minus $50 cancellation fee; otherwise the lessee forfeits all monies paid. Receipt of your down payment holds your reservation and confirms your agreement to our cancellation policy and this entire booking agreement including all sections above. If property is damaged or cleaning is required beyond 2 hours, your credit card will be billed for the charges or the amount deducted from your refundable deposit (if any.) If cleaning expenses must be incurred by Lessor to restore the premises to the condition they were in at the time of Lessee's occupancy, the amount necessary for said restoration your credit card will be billed for the charges or the amount deducted from your refundable deposit (if any.) Depending on the website or method of booking your down payment may also be referred to as a "booking deposit", a "deposit" in general, or other terminology. Lessor shall not be liable for events beyond its control which may interfere with Lessee's occupancy, including but not limited to, Acts of God, acts of governmental agencies, fire, strikes, emergencies, inclement weather, internet outages, and construction noise from nearby sites. NO REFUND will be offered in these circumstances.
If the tenancy created here-under is for 30 days or less, the expedited eviction procedures set forth in the Vacation Rental Act will apply. Tenant may be evicted under such procedures if Tenant: (i) holds over in possession after Tenant’s tenancy has expired; (ii) commits a material breach of any provision of this Agreement (including any addendum hereto) that according to its terms would result in the termination of Tenant’s tenancy; (iii) fails to pay rent as required by this Agreement; or (iv) has obtained possession of the Premises by fraud or misrepresentation.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.